Here is a comprehensive series of videos by A/Prof James Rippey on how to optimise your patients preoxygenation prior to intubation.
1. Introduction to pre oxygenation and apnoeic oxygenation in Emergency Medicine:
2. Basic respiratory physiology required for understanding preoxygenation:
3. Optimal patient positioning in preoxygenation:
4. Preoxygenation and apnoea oxygenation using nasal prongs and non rebreather mask:
5. Nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal sizing and insertion:
6. How to use CPAP, BVM and PEEP valve with nasal prongs in pre oxygenation and apnoeic oxygenation:
7. Suxamethonium vs rocuronium, cricoid pressure:
Note: These videos can also be found on the Airways Orientation Resource page on this website (under the ED Orientation tab) along with many other helpful airway management resources.