All registrars and ED RMOs will have a consultant nominated as a mentor. This should be regarded as an informal support person to provide career guidance and advice. It is not mandatory but you are encouraged to meet up with your mentor at least once. The goals of mentoring include:
- Advice on career progression.
- Confidant, advocate and safety net in case of difficulty on the mentee’s
- To pass on Hospital / College values and culture.
- Motivation for the mentee to challenge themselves appropriately.
- Provides a safe space to ask questions without losing credibility.
- Help on solving some work related problems.
- Help on increasing professional exposure and networking of the mentee.
The SCGH ED mentoring program is currently coordinated by Dr Lynda Vine (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- ACEM Mentoring Resources
- This includes a Mentoring eLearning Course