The SCGH RMO Society has kindly approached the emergency department to fund and organise regular catering for our Thursday registrar and RMO/ intern teaching sessions. This has been warmly accepted.
They are also hoping to fund the placement of a Nespresso coffee machine within the ED Tearoom (Pods to be kept in the Reg’s office). This will dependent on increasing the current ED reg/rmo/intern membership from it’s current level of ~43% to over 75%. If you are not a member, I highly encourage you to consider joining!
The cost of membership for JMOs (Interns, Regs, RMOs):
- $10 pre tax per fortnight (or less than one coffee per week)
Benefits of being SCGH RMO Society members:
- advocacy at the hospital with regards to hospital-based issues
- representation at the Medical Executive Committee meetings
- discounted Gala Ball ticket
- discounted Triple Trouble / Interhospital event tickets
- discounted coffee at Coffee Code to start in April 2016
- discounted drinks and food at The Byrneleigh (Nedlands) and Pure Bar (Subiaco)
- access to the new “Members-Only” Doctors Lounge in the new Doctors Common Room, R Block when it is finished (includes the coffee machine, TV, bar area, food deliveries) – opening date TBA.
- weekly provision of fruit, coffee and cakes in the DCR
- weekly Friday Night dinners at the DCR
Check out the SCGH RMO Society Website for more information on membership / benefits / upcoming events etc…