Weingart tackles the dogma and evidence around resuscitation algorithms brings us the concept of truely advanced life support.
The ABC’s of practicing what we preach. Cliff Reid examines the over-complication of resuscitation and our need to return to the basics.
Starting & Stopping Resuscitation:
- Article from Circulation 2010 “2010 AHA Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care – Part 3: Ethical aspects of CPR and ECC” – contains some useful suggestions on when to cease or not start CPR
- “Cessation of CPR” from Chris Nickson LITFL
- “END-TIDAL CARBON DIOXIDE AND OUTCOME OF OUT-OF-HOSPITAL CARDIAC ARREST” (NEJM Article from 1997)
- “ALS: Airway, Breathing, Capnography???” from St Emlyn’s
- Alfred Hospital ICU ECMO Service
- EDECMO.org website
- Site to learn about resuscitative ECMO and ECLS. This site started as partnership of three resuscitationists: Joe Bellezzo, Zack Shinar and Scott Weingart. The goal of this site is to raise the awareness of ECLS in the Emergency Department.
- “Own the ECMO” video lectures from ICN, via Kane Guthrie LITFL
- “ECMO during CPR” podcast from ICN