Here is Hassan’s talk on end of life care and discussions in the ED.
- End of Life Discussions in the ED by Lakmal at CME 08/2016
- Advance Planning for Quality Care at End of Life from NSW Health
- End of Life Care in the Emergency Department from The Emergency Care Institute (NSW)
- Care plan for the dying person from WA Health The new Care Plan for the Dying Person, developed by the WA Cancer and Palliative Care Network with expert clinicians, supports best practice and quality improvement in care of the dying and replaces the WA Liverpool Care Pathway (WA lcp). The multi-professional Care Plan prompts completeness of care by individual health professionals and teams and can be individualised to meet the needs of each patient and their family/carer(s). The Care Plan has been trialled in several public and private health services in metropolitan and country settings and commenced clinical use early in 2016. NOT currently in active use at SCGH (but coming ?late 2017)
- Advanced Health Directives from the DOHWA website provides links to several sources of information:
- Palliative Care Medications:
- SCGH Palliative Care Staff Contacts – (intranet)