Here is Andy’s talk on naltrexone implants, some of the evidence for their use, and their issues in the emergency department.
- SCGH Alcohol and Drug Service (ADS) – (Intranet link)
- SCGH Opiate Withdrawal Chart:
- Naltrexone implants after in-patient treatment for opioid dependence: randomised controlled trial Nikolaj Kunøe, Philipp Lobmaier, John Kåre Vederhus, Bjørg Hjerkinn, Solfrid Hegstad, Michael Gossop, Øistein Kristensen, Helge WaalThe British Journal of Psychiatry May 2009, 194 (6) 541-546; DOI: 10.1192/bjp.bp.108.055319
- Armstrong J, Little M, Murray L. Emergency department presentations of naltrexone-accelerated detoxification. Academic Emergency Medicine 2003;10(8):860-6.
- A Retrospective Assessment of the Use of Naltrexone Implants for the Treatment of Problematic Amphetamine Use. Erin Kelty et al. The American Journal on Addictions (2013)