The “Emergency Obs Ward Admission Sheet” will be in use from Monday 4th of July 2016.
Points to remember about the Obs/EDU admission sheet:
- Must be completed prior to the patient being allowed to be physically moved to Obs Ward ie. EDU or Obs Ward admissions (Note: only the front of the form is the admission part)
- This also includes patients the RAT is admitting directly to the Obs ward from TL/WR
- The nursing staff have been told to refuse to move a patient to Obs until the form is completed
- For Tox patients returning from ICU the Tox/Obs team will complete the form at the time of review/admission into Obs
- For patient discharges other than the Obs WR the discharge section must be completed by the doctor/nurse at the time of discharge
- If it is a nurse led discharge the treating doctor needs to have completed the discharge summary prior to this
This form can also be found under the “Forms” section of the Resources tab on this website.