Here is Leesa’s talk on the recognition and diagnosis of pseudoneurological syndromes.
- BMJ Best Practice: Conversion and somatic symptom disorders
- A comprehensive document that gives information regarding the diagnosis and management of patients with these disorders
- Psychological and behavioural treatments for adults with non-epileptic attack disorder (Review). Martlew J, Pulman J, Marson AG. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014, Issue 2, Art No: CD006370
- The value of “positive” clinical signs for weakness, sensory and gait disorders in conversion disorder: a systematic and narrative review. C.Daum et al. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2014;85:180-190
- Postictal serum creatine kinase for the differential diagnosis of epileptic seizures and psychogenic non-epileptic seizures: a systematic review. F.Brigo et al, J Neurol (2015) 262:251-257
- UpToDate: Psychogenic non-epileptic seizures. A.Ettinger. Mar 2016
- Information on non-epileptic seizures from UK Epilepsy Society