Here is Dan’s discussion on the factors that may influence when to continue or cease resuscitative efforts.
Weingart tackles the dogma and evidence around resuscitation algorithms brings us the concept of truely advanced life support.
The ABC’s of practicing what we preach. Cliff Reid examines the over-complication of resuscitation and our need to return to the basics.
Starting & Stopping Resuscitation:
- Article from Circulation 2010 “2010 AHA Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care – Part 3: Ethical aspects of CPR and ECC” – contains some useful suggestions on when to cease or not start CPR
- “Cessation of CPR” from Chris Nickson LITFL
- “END-TIDAL CARBON DIOXIDE AND OUTCOME OF OUT-OF-HOSPITAL CARDIAC ARREST” (NEJM Article from 1997)
- “ALS: Airway, Breathing, Capnography???” from St Emlyn’s
- Alfred Hospital ICU ECMO Service
- EDECMO.org website
- Site to learn about resuscitative ECMO and ECLS. This site started as partnership of three resuscitationists: Joe Bellezzo, Zack Shinar and Scott Weingart. The goal of this site is to raise the awareness of ECLS in the Emergency Department.
- “Own the ECMO” video lectures from ICN, via Kane Guthrie LITFL
- “ECMO during CPR” podcast from ICN
- Article from Resuscitation 2010 titled “Association between clinical examination and outcome after cardiac arrest “ ….more related to ICU