Here is Jacqui’s update on first seizure management at SCGH.
- CME talk 07/2016 “First Seizure ED Management” from Jacqui Saw (Neurology)
- First Seizures in Adults – a great summary by Heather Angus-Leppan, consultant neurologist, in the BMJ 4/2014
- FSH ED Seizure Guideline – we have been asked to use this as a guide pending the updated SCGH ED Seizure Guideline being developed by our Neurology Unit (with thanks to those who have developed this document):
- DOT WA – reporting a medical condition
- Patients should be informed not to drive for 6 months post their first seizure, and they should be told that they need to inform the DOT WA Licensing Department of this diagnosis as a legal requirement.