Here is Hassan’s talk on the evidence and issues behind the use of mechanical CPR.
- Mechanical CPR: Three CHEERS or a boo? by Robert Simpson of AmboFOAM
- Refractory cardiac arrest treated with mechanical CPR, hypothermia, ECMO and early reperfusion (the CHEER trial). Dion Stubc et el. Resuscitation, 86 (2015) 88–94
- High survival rate of 43% in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest patients in an optimised chain of survival. Netherlands Heart Journal, January 2015, Volume 23, Issue 1, pp 20–25
- CPR-related injuries after manual or mechanical chest compressions with the LUCAS™ device: a multicentre study of victims after unsuccessful resuscitation. Resuscitation. 2014 Dec;85(12):1708-12.
Lucas 2 Step by Step Instructions video:
- Note our LUCAS 2 has two backplates (yellow = standard, and black = radiolucent for PCI, ie. when used in Cath Lab – best to mention the patient is getting mechanical CPR to the cardiologist prior to transfer?!!)