Here is Ryan’s talk on general advice on “how to make an inpatient referral”.
- Making a referral with Iain Beardsell @ St.Emlyn’s
- Making an Inpatient Specialist Referral from BoxMedicine.com
- Emergency Department – Inpatient Admissions (Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital Policy 193) ##
- The decision to admit a patient for inpatient care is made by the ED senior medical staff (ED consultant or senior registrar).
- Junior medical staff in ED (RMO’s and interns), are required to discuss all cases with ED senior medical staff prior to referral for admission under an inpatient team.
- ED medical staff will use the Specialty Admission Criteria as a guide to determine which inpatient specialty team the patient is admitted under.
- Specialty Admission Criteria ##
## = intranet links