Here are Ian’s talks on hyperbaric medicine and his cases of “Deceptive Bends”
- South Pacific Underwater Medicine Society (SPUMS)
- The South Pacific Underwater Medicine Society (SPUMS) a medical society with a focus on matters significant to recreational divers.
- The purposes of the Society have never changed since its inception. These are:
- to promote and facilitate the study of all aspects of underwater and hyperbaric medicine;
- to provide information on underwater and hyperbaric medicine;
- to promote communication between members and to publish a journal;
- to convene members annually at a scientific conference and to hold meetings and other activities to inform, and to develop fellowship and friendship amongst members.
- Diving Emergencies
- General information page on this website relating to the assessment, management and disposition of patients with suspected decompression sickness or other diving related emergencies presenting to SCGH ED