Here is the talk by Dr Lisa Miller, Consultant Psychiatirist SCGH, on the updated assessment and management guidelines for patients with eating disorders at SCGH.
Could your patient have an eating disorder:
Indicators of eating disorder patients for psychiatric or medical admission:
Initial Medical Management of eating disorders:
Draft WAEDOCS Documents:
Note: These documents are in draft format and the information contained within may change prior to final publication. These should only be used as a guide in consultation with the WAEDOC Service.
- WAEDOCS Admission and inpatient treatment for youth and adults with eating disorders in Western Australia (draft guideline)
- WAEDOCS Handbook for the medical management of eating disorders
- WAEDOCS Service Brochure
- Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.00pm Telephone 1300 620 208
- WAEDOCS Referral Form
- Online Resources for Consumers and Carers
- Starvation Syndrome
- Therapeutic Communication
Note: This information has now been added as a separate document to the SCGHED Guidelines page under the psychiatry and general medical tabs as “Eating Disorder Management”