This page will contain information on useful Clinical Smartphone Apps – please feel free to send me suggestions (currently this page is “Apple centric”, happy to include useful android apps on request):
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch app – developed by Dr Tessa Davis, that puts all your favourite FOAM (Free Open Access Meducation) sites in one handy app. It includes a feed of all FAOM posts; an ability to search just through FOAM resources; access to the FOAM guidelines website; and a list and link to other FOAM websites
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch app – Podcast client for collating and listening to your favourite FOAM podcasts
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch app – Collect, organise, read and share content from your favourite FOAM sites with this iPhone reader app
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch app – Use BrowZine to easily find, read, and monitor thousands of scholarly journals available from your university, hospital, or corporate library who has a BrowZine subscription, or through Open Access publishers, covering all disciplines.
To access the emergency medical journals via SCGH Library:
- Open App
- Chose the Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital Library link – from the dropdown
- log in with your he number and password
- Chose Biomedical and Health Sciences – from the dropdown
- Chose Medical Specialties A-N
- Chose Emergency and Disaster Medicine
- Add journals to “My Bookshelf” / Receive notifications of new issues/ Read away!!
- Note: you can also access many of the other SCGH Library resources from within this App (not UpToDate!)